At Reglow Dermatologist, we understand that vitiligo and other white patch conditions can cause distress and discomfort for our patients. That's why we offer a range of treatment options to help manage and improve the appearance of white patches on the skin.
Vitiligo is a condition in which the cells that produce pigment in the skin are destroyed, leading to the development of white patches. Other white patch conditions, such as pityriasis alba and tinea versicolor, are caused by fungal infections and can also lead to white patches on the skin.
Some of the treatment options we offer for vitiligo and other white patch conditions include:
- Topical medications - We may prescribe topical corticosteroids or calcineurin inhibitors to help improve the appearance of white patches on the skin.
- Light therapy - Phototherapy using ultraviolet light can be an effective treatment option for vitiligo and other white patch conditions.
- Excimer laser therapy - This is a specialized form of light therapy that targets the affected areas of the skin with a high-intensity beam of ultraviolet light.
- Skin grafting - In severe cases of vitiligo, we may recommend skin grafting to transfer healthy skin cells to the affected areas of the skin.
- Depigmentation - This is a treatment option for patients with widespread vitiligo in which we use topical medications to remove pigment from the remaining areas of the skin.
At Reglow Dermatologist, we believe in providing personalized treatment plans that are tailored to each patient's unique needs and concerns. Our experienced dermatologists will work with you to develop a treatment plan that is safe, effective, and appropriate for your condition. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about our vitiligo and white patch treatment options.